2. INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU. When you use the Site, several types of data may be collected from you, including: (1) Non-Personal Information; and (2) Personally Identifiable Information. Certain types of data are specifically NOT collected, including personal information from children.
2.2. Personally Identifiable Information. You are able to view and download content displayed on the Site without disclosing any information that, either alone or in combination with other information, can be used to uniquely identify, contact or locate you (collectively, “Personally Identifiable Information,” or “PII”). However, certain features accessible through the Site may require disclosure of certain PII, depending upon the features you are using.
2.2.2. Online Donation Processing. The Center provides users with the convenience of an online donation processing system. In connection with such functionality, we may collect certain PII, including your name, telephone number, e-mail address, and donation amount, as well as the type of credit card, name on card, billing address, credit card number, validation number and expiration date (collectively, “Transactional Information”). If you choose not to provide this information, you will not be able to use the online donation processing functionality.
2.3. No Personal Information from Children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Children are not permitted to use the Site, and we request that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information to the Site. Since information regarding children under the age of 13 is not collected, the Center does not knowingly distribute personal information regarding children under the age of 13. For additional information, please refer to the “Children and Parents” section below.
2.4. Other Information NOT Collected. Our services and your use of the Site do not require you to disclose, nor require us to request or collect, any other information not described above. We do not request, solicit or intend to collect any such information and you should not disclose, enter or upload any such information on the Site. If we discover that such information was disclosed by you, we will exercise commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information; however, we are not liable for any consequences relating to such disclosures of information.
3. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED. The use and disclosure of certain information varies with respect to the type of information collected, including: (1) Non-Personal Information; and (2) Personally Identifiable Information.
3.1. Use of Non-Personal Information. We use the Non-Personal Information collected through the Site for statistical purposes and for improving the functionality of the Site. This information may also be used to administer your participation in the Site including, without limitation, to troubleshoot and resolve problems with the Site. In general, this information is used internally but we may, from time to time, engage a third party to assist us with these analyses. In those limited cases, disclosure of this information to a third-party is necessary; however, the data is disclosed in the aggregate.
3.2. Use of Personally Identifiable Information. In general, the PII collected is used for purposes of fulfilling your requests for services, or for providing you with information. In all cases, your use of such features and your disclosure of information to the Center are voluntary.
3.2.1. Newsletters. We, or a third party on our behalf, may use your email address or other contact information to send you newsletters, alerts, special promotional offers, consumer surveys and other promotional or informational messages. If you no longer wish to receive such messages, simply click the 'unsubscribe' link that we include at the bottom of every email that we send to you. If a different opt-out mechanism is provided in any individual message, please follow the directions included within that specific email. We do not share your PII with any third parties for their own marketing purposes.
3.2.2. Online Donation Processing. Use and disclosure of PII, including Transactional Information, provided through the online donation processing system is limited to execution of your donation. Once the online donation is submitted to our third party processing agent, we do not retain your Transactional Information on our Site. If you wish to make another donation in the future you will need to re-enter this information. In order to comply with reporting, tax and other applicable laws, we retain for archival purposes your name, contact information and donation amount. However, we maintain the privacy and security of this information as described in Section 6 below.
Though we make every effort to preserve your privacy, disclosure of PII to third parties for non-marketing purposes may occur in certain situations such as: (i) responding to a subpoena, court order or other such request; (ii) responding to a law enforcement agency's request or as otherwise required by law; and (iii) providing PII to a third party if we file for bankruptcy, or there is a transfer of the assets or ownership in connection with proposed or consummated corporate reorganizations, such as mergers, acquisitions, or sales of business units. In all such instances, we will take the utmost care to disclose only that information which is necessary and appropriate under the circumstances.
In the operation of our business we may transfer, process or store your information on third party servers. These servers may be located outside the United States. By voluntarily providing information to the Center, you expressly consent to such worldwide transfer of your information.
We also use session cookies when you visit the Site. Session cookies are active only during the period you are logged on to the Site, and are removed when you leave. They help us track the sections of the website that you use to allow us to make improvements in keeping with observed user preferences. We also use tracking cookies to determine what sites you visit when you leave our Site. This information helps us identify content and services that may be of interest to our users as we work to make further improvements to the Site.
5. LINKED SITES. In addition to the third-party entities referenced above, we may provide links to other third party websites on the Site solely as a convenience to you. However, such linking does not mean, and should not be interpreted to mean, that the Center endorses, is affiliated with or makes any representations concerning such third party websites. The Center neither reviews, nor controls, nor is responsible for these third party sites or any content therein. By using these links, you will leave the Site. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk. The Center shall not be liable for any consequences arising from use of the third-party sites referenced above or any other third party websites to which the Site links.
6. SECURITY. We strive to maintain the security of your information by using appropriate measures designed to protect our systems. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), a security protocol that protects your Transactional Information and ensures secure online donations. SSL Internet connections are encrypted, and thus protect all credit card information, including your name, address and credit card number, so it cannot be read in transit. We also employ secure technology, privacy protection controls, and restrictions on employee access, to safeguard your personal information. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we do not insure or warrant the security of any information you transmit, and you do so at your own risk.
7. CHILDREN AND PARENTS. Use of the Site is not offered to children. If you are under 13, you may not use our Site. We do not intend to collect personal information from children. Parents and guardians are advised that any personal information voluntarily entered by children may be available for public access. If your child has submitted personal information, please contact us to request that such information be removed. Once we are aware of information entered by a child, we will exercise commercially reasonable efforts to remove such information from our databases and storage areas; however, we are not liable for any consequences relating to such information.
9. QUESTIONS. If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or the use of your information, or to modify or update any information we have received, please contact email@example.com.
Effective Date: January 31, 2012